- This event has passed.
Sunday 1:00 pm 2HG – Murders of Karlov Manor Prerelease
February 41:00 pm - 5:00 pm$40
Pre-register for the prerelease event before January 29th to save $5 on entry and be entered into a raffle.
Each participant will receive one Murders of Karlov Manor prerelease pack which contains the following:
- 6 Murders at Karlov Manor Play Boosters; each Play Booster contains 14 Magic cards
- 1 foil, year-stamped Rare or Mythic Rare
- 1 of 3 new Mythic Rare cards exclusive to Prerelease Pack (not playable as part of Prerelease deck)
- 1 Magic: The Gathering Arena code card (only available in select regions)
- 1 deck box
- 1 Spindown die
Each participant will use the contents of their prerelease kit to construct a minimum 40-card deck to play in Swiss rounds.
- In 2HG there are only 3 extra turns for the end-of-match procedure.
- 2HG matches are first to 1 game win, if the first game is a draw before the round is over continue playing another game. If it’s limited you are allowed to sideboard.
- Players may communicate freely with each other. Each player can see all information their teammate has, such as cards in hand and facedown cards. Strategy discussions should be done in a brief, timely manner.
- At a 2HG prerelease each team gets two prerelease boxes for a total of 12 boosters and 2 promos per team.
- The players build two 40 card minimum decks from the combined card pool and basic lands. During a match cards not in either players deck can only be accessed by effects that refer to cards outside the game.
- “You” means just that, you, not including your teammate. If an effect says “creatures you control get +1/+1” it only applies to your creatures, not your teammate’s.
- If an effect refers to “each opponent” it applies to each player on the opposing team. For example if an effect causes each opponent to lose 1 life each player on that team loses 1 life and that team’s life total is reduced by 2, doubly good!
- If a player would skip or get an extra step, phase, or turn, that player’s team skips or gets one instead.
- If a trigger says “at the beginning of phase/step on your turn” (such as God-Pharaoh’s Gift) there is only one of that step each turn so it will trigger once.
- If a trigger says “each player’s phase/step” (such as Howling Mine) or “each opponent’s phase/step” (such as Luminarch Ascension it will trigger once for each player in that step, so twice in 2HG.
- Players on a team win or lose together. If an effect says a player loses the game that player’s team loses the game, the other head can’t continue playing on their own. A team on 0 or less life or that has 15 or more poison counters loses the game.